In today’s market, truck drivers are in demand.
As the number of needed truck drivers has increased in recent years, there is a strong demand for trained professionals.
It’s good news for those entering the field because it means salaries are on the rise.
Truck Stuff USA is dedicated to helping trainee truckers earn the skills and qualifications required to thrive in the contemporary trucking industry.
If you would like the training to become a truck driver, there are options to study even if you cannot pay the fees entirely.
Each year, we award a scholarship payment to one applicant to help cover the cost and expenses of the education process.
The scholarship bursary totals $1,000. It is granted to one applicant per year and must be used to cover learning-related expenses.
Who Is Eligible for the Scholarship?
To be eligible to receive the bursary, you must meet the following requirements:
- Over the age of 18 years (or written permission from a legal guardian);
- Currently (or planning to be) a student at a college or university;
- Has a good reputation within their current educational environment;
- Can provide proof of (at least) a 3.0GPA (on a 4.0 scale);
- Has formally submitted a request for the scholarship bursary;
- Has provided a full name, email address and the name of their education provider.
How to Apply for the Scholarship?
The scholarship application process is quick and easy.
We believe all learners with the talent to become truckers should have the opportunity to nurture their skills.
Therefore, we encourage all eligible applicants to apply.
Although, do be aware the scholarship will eventually be awarded to just one individual.
Here are the steps to apply for the Scholarship Program:
- Compile an engaging essay on the following topic: “How to Change Jobs When You Are Unsure About Your Next Career Move?” The written piece must be a minimum of 1,200 words and submitted as a Word document. Google Docs PDFs will be not be counted.
- Submit your written essay by the 31st of March 2020. All written pieces to be entered at email@example.com.
- Ensure your entry contains your full name, email address, telephone number and the name of your current education provider.
- Do not, under any circumstances, submit written material which has been created by or copied from another individual. We use plagiarism software to check this and, if you are found to be breaking the rules, your application will be voided.
- The winner of the trucking scholarship will be announced on the 15th of April 2020 and informed via email. Please keep an eye on your inbox on this date.
How Will Applications Be Reviewed?
Essays submitted as part of scholarship applications are assessed according to their originality, creativity, and depth of knowledge.
All written pieces are personally evaluated.
The name of the winner will be posted on this page.
As part of Truck Stuff USA’s stringent privacy rules, all applicants have a right to privacy during the application process.
No information (names, contact details, written essays) relating to applications is to be shared outside the review team.
No information of any kind is to be passed on to third parties.
Each submission belongs to the submitter and they retain rights over it throughout the application process.